Standing at 361,000 sq. ft. the new Amazon Leeds logistics centre is one of the largest developments at the Logic Leeds hub.
Brandsafe were brought in by Bowmer + Kirkland to provide impact safety systems throughout the building.
External Impact Protection
The site at Amazon Leeds had a number of different areas and requirements for impact protection systems.
Brandsafe was tasked with providing impact safety solutions to protect the HGV service yard, car park, gatehouse, hub offices, as well as the access ramps and loading areas.
We utilised the following items from our product range to cover this:
- Armco 760 barriers at 3200mm post centres - supplied with handrail where applicable
- Armco safety ends, safety corners and fishtail safety ends - all supplied in yellow for high-visibility
- Demountable drop core bollards - 1260mm high and 1560mm high
- 3M High-vis bollards - 1300mm high bollards with yellow polymer extension to 3000mm
- HLGV and domestic wheel stops - moulded from recycled truck tyres for additional sustainability
- 50mm and 75mm speed bumps
- 75mm anti roll aways
- Flexible delineators with electric and disabled car parking signage
- Lamp post protection
- Pedestrian handrail (galvanised) and guardrail systems
Internal Impact Protection
While the systems outside the building might be the first things that you'll see, there's plenty going on inside that requires protecting.
Brandsafe needed to provide impact protection for internal cabinets, LV panels and sprinkler systems, as well as the dock and access doors.
We did this through the use of the following products:
- Bollards - 1000mm and 1300mm high, supplied with polymer cover kits and impactsafe baseplate pads
- Secure cages supplied with digital locks
- SEG+ 3 rail guardrail systems